(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Little water is coming out of my newly installed kitchen wall-faucet. Help?

Default Little water is coming out of my newly installed kitchen wall-faucet. Help?

Hello,

I'm new to these forums and I'm looking for as much help as I can get.

I recently replaced an old wall-mounted kitchen faucet because the cartridge for the cold knob broke or popped out. I later learned that I can just replace the cartridge and didn't need to replace the entire faucet BUT I guess it's okay since my landlord is going to reimburse me anyway.

I'm new at this and never done it so please bear with me. Anyway, I installed the faucet and turned on the main water valve and hardly any water comes out of the faucet.

The faucet I purchased looks like the attached picture:

Every other faucet in the house is running normal and I tried uninstalling the faucet and run the main water valve to see if the pipes are clogged, that wasn't the case.

I don't know what else to do, the new faucet instruction manual and the instructions from the back states that the installation of the faucet is as easy as 1-2-3, "No special tools required and no experience needed."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Rod
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by hotrod79; 11-17-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Unscrew the aerator and check it for debris.

Default flow

IF the flow is the same regardless of whether you open the hot, cold, or both, then the aerator is plugged. And since this is a rental unit, why were you working on the faucet in the first place? The owner could tell you, "Tough, I didn't tell you to try to fix the faucet, and I did not tell you to replace it." And if he did do either of these two things without knowing if you were capable of it, which is now questionable, he was "unwise".
    Last edited by hj; 11-18-2008 at 06:33 AM.