Should the big 3 auto-makers be bailed out?

Should the Auto Industry get bailed out?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yes, but they'll still tank years later

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No, read option 2

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No, they had 30 years to prepare and they blew it

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
face the dire consequences...

I sppose that everyone can start to gear down their life styles and start living more like the Amish do.

plant a garden in the back yard..., .

I probably have a head start on all that...
just being a German Plumber. ......it is in my DNA.

the big problem is ,
their is that "cold turkey" period of about 5 years
when the downsizeing pain almost becomes unbearable...... that I really worry about......

desperate people will do desperate things to feed their family....that is why I pack a Glock.....

I suppose it would be a humbling experience for everyone to have to leave a 6 bedroom home and
move into a two bedroom apartment somewhere..??

we just had a 180,000 house across the lane get foreclosed on and I wonder where they went.....

Basically ,, if they dont bail them all out...

get ready to hear "that giant sucking sound"
that Ross Perot. spoke about when he was running for president back in the mid 90s

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
get ready to hear "that giant sucking sound"
that Ross Perot. spoke about when he was running for president back in the mid 90s

I've heard that sucking sound for the last 10 years when I was in the auto biz ... all of the executives creating big cost reductions by outsourcing to Mexico and third world countries or pounding on their Tier 1 suppliers until they too had to outsource due to mandatory price concessions or breaking the contracts with their suppliers and threatening to never give them future business ... who benefited from these cost reductions? The greedy executives did ... "look at all the money I saved and now I get a big bonus ..."

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Greed!!!!!!

Let's not all forget who got us into this huge pile of you know what. It's not the unions or people buying houses they can't afford, it's clearly greed from a select minority of rich elite. They come up with these scams to make a quick buck without giving a crap about anyone elses future other than their own. These same people who don't want to pay taxes for public schools or welfare when in a situation of discusting filth they created want a hand out themselfs. Like Jonny Cash said "They keep on breathing, that's what tortures me." I think that tortures all of us hard working people who had our savings ripped out from under us in the past few months.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I lived in Detroit for most of my life and always drove a Japanese car. I can't tell you how many times passers-by would yell out insults or throw garbage at me, especially in the seventies and eighties. Most people who lived in the Midwest and drove foreign cars endured this sort of intimidation. The result was that most people would rather "buy American" than risk being called "unamerican." All this intimidation and propaganda served to prop up the Big 3 and allowed them to continue to make and sell millions of crappy automobiles.

Instead of bailing out the big 3, they should take that money and give to a few select entrepreneurs as start-up capital to create a few new car companies that will be better run and produce vehicles with little or no emissions and get very high mileage.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Looks like congress places a higher value on banks throwing money around unwisely than those that actually attempt to make a profit making a product.

It looks like the bailout has gone down the tubes and the workers (union) are taking the blame.

Figures!:mad:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Markets for financial crime

Huffington Post story
In most cases, we were looking after retirement accounts of workers. Which is to say, few people cared about the investors, and many of the firms "representing" the pension funds were focused on how to generate as many fees and commissions as possible. I remember one co-worker who only half jokingly used to start the day with the remark --" who are we going to f**** today." Some days it was not much of a joke.

The rest of the story

Attachments

• james p love.jpg
    james p love.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks