Best Water Softners

Users who are viewing this thread

biznitch15

Reaction score
Not True

Gary, after all this help and info you gave this fellow....

I know..... and you know...... he is gonna either get a
piece of junk from GE , Lowes, or Sears.. maybe even a water boss..
becasue of the price of those units......

since he has already got a test kit from Lowes,
he probably has already been shopping at Sams club too...

he is just jerking your chain....

you might as well be trying to talk reason with a cow........

That would actually be true if I didnt find this Forum first. And this coming from a so called Master Plumber who is insinuating what i have already done is totally not true. Gary has been great help and i definately appreciate it. I had already made up my mind to not got with sears/GE or LOWES for YOUR INFORMATION.

Gary, I look forward to your future recomendations or thoughts good or bad unlike Master Plumber! CASS Thank you!!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
And that is his choice. This is not a place for cyber salesmen, it's an informational forum.
You're picking up the some bad terminology and attitude. Probably from Andy. Andy and (probably) you were successful in getting me banned on DIY.com just two+ weeks ago and now you're accusing me here.

Here I post about pumps etc. too, I think more than water treatment actually but, I don't sell pumps or tanks although I did for 18 years. I tell people to call Speedbump, he's very knowledgeable, honest and wanting to help people if he makes a sale or not. And... he lets me park the motor home in his back yard and drink his beer when we are in FL.. Ocala is in the Tampa area IIRC, if you have good beer I can stop by to get to know you when we're there about Feb..

BTW, where's the proof of your claim that Watts sells the Clack for less than a 5600?

Mark, Cass and others, thanks, I really appreciate the support.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Biznitch15, do another hardness test unless you are on city water. If you are, go to the water company's web site and find their water quality report and then the highest hardness in their system, and call me. We'll go over correct SFR sizing for the family size, number of bathrooms and type of fixtures in them and choices and prices.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
beirmeck and Andy... yes it's true neither of you have the power on your own to ban anyone. You are not a forum owner or moderator anywhere that I know of.

It's also true that everywhere you two and I have posted, you constantly complain about me selling products to people that read my posts. And you argue with many things I say yet can't prove me wrong.

Andy, I know that you and others have communicated privately to owners/moderators in attempts to have me banned. And in response to your PM to me this morning about this... With the exception of one, I have not been banned without being sent their reasons as to why. I have also had communications about your private complaints to owners and moderators about me in your attempts to have me banned.

The question is, what does it matter to you if members buy products from me and why do you constantly complain about it and do all you can to get me banned?

Speedbump

Reaction score
This is an informational forum that allows sales.

This forum is here because the owner profits from it, by way of sales, and rightly so...there is no such thing as free i8nformation, which you are insinuating ...it has always cost someone...most of the regular contributors that donate their time freely to this forum will recommend what is best regardless of price...Gary is one who does this...and while he may from time to time receive a sale from this forum if he relied on it to make sales he would be on food stamps...His honest, rock solid recommendations and countless hours donating advice on here far and away exceed the few a far between sales he gets from this forum.

He is not here donating his time because of sales, He is not a "cyber salesman".

Cass said it better than I could have. For some reason we have and have had people here that have something against entrepreneurs trying to make a living. Not all of us have a nine to five job, but we have built up a wealth of knowledge selling, installing and repairing items in our field. I am not sure why some folks are against us selling products here if the owner of the Forum doesn't care. If your willing to listen to our advice, maybe you should be willing to believe that the products we recommend are in fact good products from our experience. It's up to you to make the final decision.

As for Andy, he has been stirring up crap on a bunch of forums that I have frequented and has always had it in for Gary. He is also a Kinetico salesman and doesn't like to even hear the name of another piece of softening equipment mentioned. I for one wouldn't give you a nickel for a truck load of Kineticos and that may be why he doesn't care much for me either. Oh well!

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
The people wanting me banned used to complain I was advertising. Then it went to making sales because I have said I do, which I do but that's from all my posts over 12 years starting in usenet groups (now Google Groups for the last 5-6+ years) and then in forums. And some of my customers mention buying from me in Google Groups and forums.

Andy has been upset with me since he started posting about 2004 or 2005+/-. He dislikes things I mention about Kinetico and the WQA (Water Quality Association) and their Certification of salesmen, dealers, installers and manufacturers. He and others also have wanted me banned because I sell online and they want to protect local dealers. He and they call me unprofessional because I tell people things they don't, and things about the way they do business; especially rip off prices. They also dislike my helping people learn how to fix their equipment themselves. Of course all that is denied but the posts are still on the forums they posted them on.

Recently Andy took something I said here and posted on another forum about it. He claims he didn't tell anyone who said what he posted about but I have a hard time believing that because of the replies.

Here's a link to the post here that he commented on on the other forum about:
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24548

Here is a link to the post on the other forum, scroll down the page, the post subject is Smelling Bacteria by Andrew Christensen dated 11/15/2008.
http://www.watertechonline.com/board.asp

After my reply on the other forum to Andy, he sent me an email and a PM here with more in it than the email. I copied/pasted part of the email or PM in my second reply to him on the other forum.

Here's the PM he sent me here:

Andy CWS Andy CWS is offline Member Join Date: Apr 2007 Posts: 87
Subject: Not very accurate

Gary, I have never used the term 'cyber salesman' in text or speech. So speculate if you want, but you can leave my name out of it, thank you.

I had nothing to do with your getting banned from the DIY forum now or before; I prefer to let you do that all by yourself. I have no power as a moderator and can never enforce rules, which are clear for all to read and understand. I suppose the reason you were banned this time--besides the obvious--was that those who have been previously banned are not allowed to re-enter as another poster. That is what you did. How can you blame that on anyone?

But for argument's sake, if a member were to ban you how would he go about doing that? What procedure would he take and what authority would he have to accomplish that? How could he find your IP number? What buttons would he have to push to get you knocked off? I would really like to know.

If you actually believe that is what I have done to you, then report me to the moderators and get me banned if it so easy.

That was your own un-doing. In fact, you were banned as 'Gary Slusser' and then sneeked back on as 'Fetzer'. Got banned again due to your behavior and attempts to peddle to posters. Then, again, you came on--against forum rules--as 'churlish' and you continued to behavior in a way that the moderators must have considered improper. I don't know...I didn't do it.

I'm sure they will provide a reason and means as to how you are continuously getting banned from their forum. Just ask them.

Your being banned from other forums such GardenWeb, Watertanks, is completely your own fault and mustn't be blamed on anyone else. But remain in denial if you wish.

This forum is very accommodating to you and permits you to do what others do not. They value your presence here and that is good for you and those you help.

Let me know what the DIY moderators have to say.

As he says, I used the name churlish on the forum. I did not use an email address or web site info for the public and I created a new email address for their registration only, so no one could know who churlish was.

Andy guessed churlish was me a few days after I started posting there in Aug (2008). Now no moderator or owner could identify me as someone that had been banned in the past; including different IP address. Yet they mentioned that I had been banned in the past when I was banned about two weeks ago, and they actually mentioned my being banned twice in the past; as Andy has in the above PM.

Only Andy knew that churlish was me and he called me by name, Gary Slusser, and mentioned I had been banned there twice in the past in his first or second reply to my posts there. Yet he denies his hand in my being banned. They also gave me other reasons which he has mentioned about me here and on other forums; like self promotion etc. and selling to members etc..

To me this is another misrepresentation of his due to his slick, smooth talking wiggle out of anything highly hyped and overpriced Kinetico salesman personality. I am not alone, many people that call me about equipment etc. comment on his mannerisms, disrespect and personal attacks on me. We usually have a good laugh about certain things he has said. So in case anyone wonders, I don't want him banned, I'd actually like him to post more often.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks