Compact frige question

Users who are viewing this thread

crabapplemcn

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, and if not, any other forums/discussion suggestions would be appreciated. I wanted to put a compact fridge for mostly beverages in a built-in bar area. There are built in "beverage centers" that holds drinks, many of which get complaints about not getting cold enough, for around $800-1000. There are built in compact friges that are around $1000. And there are the dorm style freestanding refrigerators which are like $200. What is the difference and is spending $800 more on a built in really worth it? thanks

BurleyMike

Reaction score
The built in will look better and it may cool better depending on how you ventilate the fridge.

Most newer dorm refrigerators use a yoder condenser loop, which means the use the exterior sides of the unit to reject the heat. That means all the sides need to have a few inches around them for the unit to dump the heat.

Some have the condenser on the back so you would only need to ventilate the backside. You could have some space under the unit for cool air to enter and a few inches on the top for the hot air to escape.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks