Please check this over before I bury it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Handymaner

Reaction score
Here's a prior thread about what I'm doing:

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23384

Here's pics of the (finally) completed job:
DSC035001.jpg

This was cut prior to the wall and runs down about 6 feet.

Handymaner

Reaction score
DSC034992.jpg

Here it goes under the foundation. This foundation and 2x6 wall runs down the center of the house length ways to support the floor above. Note the clean out here (advice from the previous posting).

Last edited:

Handymaner

Reaction score
DSC034964.jpg

This was the only interesting part. The connection to the main line that goes outside the house. It's 3/16 mild steel pipe, a little odd for a sewer line I would think. I reused the old PVC elbow, as it was an odd angle. I added a cleanout here as well. It will have to be under a steel lid in the concrete floor. Unfortunately, I was unable to use sweeps because it would have been too high. The height was set by where it goes under the foundation (post #2). Due to the compound angle two elbows were required. The one in the Tee is a 90, the one connecting to the steel line with the compression fitting is approx 60-70 degrees.

Any of the experts notice anything I need to remedy prior to burying it? It will go under dirt now, and eventually concrete.

Last edited:

MaintenanceGuy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not bad at all for doing it yourself. You'll get lots of "corrections" but overall, I've seen lots worse.

You mention that the last cleanout will be under a steel plate below the level of the concrete floor. Just add a length of pipe to what you have now to bring your cleanout up flush with the floor. Much easier.

Handymaner

Reaction score
Thanks. I want the floor to be flat, and the clean out plug protected, thus the reason for the steel cover.

MaintenanceGuy

In the Trades
Reaction score
get a flush cleanout plug. lots of styles made in all materials.

Attachments

• flush-brass-clean-out-plug-side.jpg
    flush-brass-clean-out-plug-side.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 328
Last edited by a moderator:

Handymaner

Reaction score
Thanks! That would be a lot easier, and durable as well. I wasn't aware of that option.

Handymaner

Reaction score
I'll take the number of views with the lack of responses as meaning it's OK. I'll plan on burying it tomorrow. Sure appreciate you guys sharing your vast knowledge!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks