Acrylic tub-shower, why or why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Simonnn

Reaction score
I've a '50s ranch, and remodeling my only bathroom. If possible, I want an acrylic tub-shower, not fiberglass. There don't seem to be many options, though. Most places stock the Sterling Vikrell modules.

Are there acrylic front installs for a 59' length? I can't move a wall or go in from the back.

Thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Tub roughs are measured stud to stud. If you measuer 58 or 59 wall to wall , that is a 60 inch model. ( There is no such thing as a 59)

The life expectancy of acrylic or fiberglass is not as long as porcelain tub and ceramic tile walls. If you are scrupulous about wiping down the acrylic after ever use, never use any harsh cleaning products on it, etc., you can get many years. But it will not last 20 to 30 yrs+ like ceramic tile and porcelain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks