Need Advice on Shower Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

mm530

Reaction score
I have a separate hot and cold bath faucet system without a shower head. Recently, when I turn on the hot faucet, water comes out but stops. I would have to turn a couple of more times if I want the hot water to continue. By the way, my plumbing is galvanized steel. I wonder what is the cause?

Also, I would like to convert this system to something like the attached but wall-mount not deck-mount. Where could I find this type of bath faucet?

Attachments

• 7112ee62-5733-4bd9-a800-d9ccb7038c60_300.jpg
    7112ee62-5733-4bd9-a800-d9ccb7038c60_300.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 252

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

You cannot just "convert" what you have to that style faucet. It requires revision of the pipes in the wall. Many manufacturers make "wall elbows" to mount that valve to pipes coming out of the wall.

mm530

Reaction score
The attached picture was not exactly the model that I wanted. I wanted one that uses the existing pipes from the wall. I used it initially because I couldn't find one that I wanted. Any help on that?

Coming back to my first question, does anyone know the problem with my faucet? i turned it a couple of revolutions and water came out, then it stopped. The faucet sounded like something has been sucked out. If i want the water to come out, I need to turn the faucet a couple of more revolution.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It may be as simple as replacing the washers or tightening up the screw that holds them in place. There could be some crud caught in the line and the flow moves it up against a narrow place, blocking the flow. It might just need to be flushed out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks