"Pop-Up" Sprinkler - Half Up

Users who are viewing this thread

mm530

Reaction score
my sprinkler system has been working fine. However, two of the sprinklers only pop up half way whenever it's activated. Does anyone know the cause? if you do, what is the fix?

Jeff1

Reaction score
Where are the culprits in relation to the valves and the other sprinklers? Is this an automatic or manual system? On mine, when the actuator went bad, there wasn't enough flow to get all the heads to pop-up.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
When you look at the physics invoved ( pounds of upward force applied against the stem) then failure to pop up is almost always due to low pressure in the line, either generalized, or low pressure at that head due to an underground leak, or a lot of leakage around the stem.

First rule in sprinklers....everything is cheap and easy, so don't lose any sleep trying to figure things out. You should have immediately just replaced the culprit heads, and then if problem persists, start looking for other leaks, or a valve not opened all the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks