New shower install DWV questions

Users who are viewing this thread

jtthomas

Reaction score
I am completely renovating my solo bathroom in my home and have decided to install a separate shower to add to my already 3 fixture bathroom. The issue I'm having is how to drain and vent this shower to the existing plumbing. The closest drain tie-in happens to be the washing machine drain line which has its own vent straight up to the roof. The shower and washing machine (wm) wall are one in the same. The shower drain will connect to the wm drain after the wm vent and p-trap. This will be a 4ft run. My question is ...will the wm vent be sufficient for both or do I have to connect a separate vent from the shower drain to the wm vent before the drain lines connect?? This vent would only be able to connect after the wm p-trap...Thanks for any solutions.....J

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks