Tile or Glass Block First?

Users who are viewing this thread

augie

Reaction score
I'm building out a new shower in our master bath. The shower is 1/4 pie shaped. The curved wall will be half tile and half glass block. Should I set the glass block on the backer board or should I tile out the shower and then set the glass block on top of the tile on the half wall? Also, any gotcha's with glass block on a curve?
Thanks,
Augie

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Waterproofing is the biggest hassle. Assuming you want the glass block to be in plane with the knee wall's tile, I'd tile that first. Then set the glass block so it the interior face was even.

There are curved glass block which looks better than setting straight ones because the outside grout/mortar joint would need to be fairly big. WIth a currved block, it would likely be the same or only slightly different.

I suggest you ask this at www.johnbridge.com. They specialize in tile and can help with the shower contruction details. I'd condsider using Kerdi from www.schluter.com for this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks