MAP ratings for the Soiree and/or Guinevere?

Users who are viewing this thread

JEE

Reaction score
I am puzzled that these two top recommendations do not appear on the most recent MaP report (12th edition), although most of the other Toto toilets do. I haven't yet found any older MaP reports; did they appear earlier?

What are the gram ratings for these toilets?

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto did not send them out for testing.

MaP testing only tests with plastic wrapped paste.
Toto believes that the paste should remain in it's normal state.
It floats better that way, and it's stickier.
By the way, Toto is the one that came up with the original test in the first place. I think they know what they are doing.

I install many toilets in my home and those of relatives and friends to get a better idea of how they work in the real world.

MaP tests only one thing.
I'm looking for about ten things.
I'm "not" surprised that my list is different.

The Soiree is much like the Carlyle in performance.
They both have a siphon jet flush and use a Unifit adapter for the lower trapway.
Both John Koeller of MaP and I agree that anything over 500 grams is overkill.
And in fact bowls with high numbers may suffer from lack of bowl rinse or wash.

Last edited:

SamC

Reaction score
While the latest MaP test does not include the Soiree or Guinevere, it does include the Gwyneth, which uses the same double cyclone system. The one-piece Gwyneth flushes 500 grams with 1.28 gallons. SamC

The Gwyneth is a 1.28 gallon while the Soiree and the Guinevere are 1.6 gallons.
The Soiree and the Guinevere have more kick than the Gwyneth. Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

JEE

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, Terry.

Is the only difference between the Guinevere and the Soiree the styling? Are they basically the same toilet, or am I missing a key difference?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks