Female PVC fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

BluesMan

Reaction score
I just got a softener with the Clack-WS1 valve. The valve has 1" male threads coming out the back of the by-pass. i was planning on using pvc to pipe this in, but I know female pvc adapters are not allowed because they can crack. What can I use to connect up to these male threads? A brass coupling and male pvc adapter? I guess I could use a short peice of copper with a male and female adapter?

Any better ideas?

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I just got a softener with the Clack-WS1 valve. The valve has 1" male threads coming out the back of the by-pass. i was planning on using pvc to pipe this in, but I know female pvc adapters are not allowed because they can crack. What can I use to connect up to these male threads? A brass coupling and male pvc adapter? I guess I could use a short peice of copper with a male and female adapter?

Any better ideas?

What type of plumbing material do you prefer? CPVC, PEX, Copper ... that will dictate your fitting.

BluesMan

Reaction score
I have PEX running throughout the home, but no PEX crimper. I was planning on 1" PVC for just ease of installation because the fittings are 1"

It seems like copper is my next choice...i do have a "B" tank and turbo torch...so sweating is not an issue.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
If your have PEX in your house, then stay with PEX. You can either buy a crimp tool for less than $100 (then sell it on ****) or use Sharkbites (they are more expensive but don't require a tool). At the softener, use a Female thread x 1" adaptor.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
If your have PEX in your house, then stay with PEX. You can either buy a crimp tool for less than $100 (then sell it on ****) or use Sharkbites (they are more expensive but don't require a tool). At the softener, use a Female thread x 1" adaptor.

A contractor suggested that I use sharkbites to extend the water lines in my new kitchen sink base. This would have put them under the cabinet floor and therefore inaccessible. He says that he uses them even inside walls. Was that good advice?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They are code approved for hidden locations. A soldered connection is probably 20x cheaper.

BluesMan

Reaction score
I am installing the softener in my parents home. There is a section of 1" copper from the meter and then switches over to PEX and up to the manifold. I guess I should just shell out the dough for the crimper and be done with it....

BurleyMike

Reaction score
You might be able to rent the crimper.

The plumbing supply house in town used to loan you the crimper if you bought fittings from them. After people started using them as hammers and leaving them in the back of their trucks they stopped loaning them out.

If I had a small job like that I would try to rent one before buying.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks