Quasar toilet (WC) - need tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Ironoskar

Reaction score
HI All,

I have a Quasar water closet and need a tank for it. Can anyone tell me who makes it and if there is any way to find out what tanks will fit it?

It was left over from the initial construction of the house. I am putting a bath in the basement and would like to save a few bucks by using the WC if I can find a tank that will fit.

Thanks in advance.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I believe it is an Am. Std. toilet...
Probably better used as a planter...
Or, dumpster filling...

Try these as model numbers 01915/01925

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
My guess is that this was a builder special from a box store and no parts are available. Of course if you really feel saving a few dollars on the most frequently used appliance in your home is worth it, just find any old tank in the dump and buy a big roll of duct tape. Yeah, you better get a mop and plunger too. On the other hand, buy a Toto and your good for the next 40 years although you might have to spend $10 every 10 or 15 years for a new flapper and fill valve, but they are available anywhere.

Ironoskar

Reaction score
My guess is that this was a builder special from a box store and no parts are available. Of course if you really feel saving a few dollars on the most frequently used appliance in your home is worth it, just find any old tank in the dump and buy a big roll of duct tape. Yeah, you better get a mop and plunger too. On the other hand, buy a Toto and your good for the next 40 years although you might have to spend $10 every 10 or 15 years for a new flapper and fill valve, but they are available anywhere.

Hey, thanks for all the sarcasm. It's a big help. BTW, what happens to a toilet bowl that it wouldn't last forty years? Or, in other words, why would one porcelain bowl last forty years and another won't?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tank

Measure the distance between the anchoring bolts, and find a tank with that dimension. Unless it is so thick that it either hits the back wall or interferes with the seat in front, it should fit.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the brand....sounds like a no-name.

In general, toilets are a set. Tanks and bowls from different manufacturers or different models even, are usually not considered interchangeable. Especially if you don't know if you are dealing with a 1.28, a 1.6, a 3.5 or what?

In theory, you may find a tank which hooks up and might work. You will NOT find any information on cut sheets, or much help from salespeople anywhere, in this search.

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Contact AS

Redwood's right with the numbers, it's listed as an IAPMO approved 1.6 gallon toilet manufactured by American Standard with those listing numbers. Try contacting AS, but they do not make this model any longer. Good luck.

Ironoskar

Reaction score
Redwood's right with the numbers, it's listed as an IAPMO approved 1.6 gallon toilet manufactured by American Standard with those listing numbers. Try contacting AS, but they do not make this model any longer. Good luck.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your help. I thought of taking a rubbing of the bolt and hole pattern to see if I could find a tank to match.

Ironoskar

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the brand....sounds like a no-name.

In general, toilets are a set. Tanks and bowls from different manufacturers or different models even, are usually not considered interchangeable. Especially if you don't know if you are dealing with a 1.28, a 1.6, a 3.5 or what?

In theory, you may find a tank which hooks up and might work. You will NOT find any information on cut sheets, or much help from salespeople anywhere, in this search.

I am sure it's a 1.6. It's what all the tanks were when we built the house in '99. Did they even have 1.28's then?

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Try this place

Look inside the tank and see if you can find the model number stamped in. Then take a look at this place, they may have or be able to get you what you need. Do make sure you're not spending more on this "vintage" toilet tank than a new replacement toilet would cost you.

www.toilettanklids.com

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I figure with American Standard a toilet has to be pretty damn bad for them to discontinue it...

Look at the lemons they keep reinventing...
The Champion # 7,947,425
The Cadet " 57,853....
Okay so I listed next years model numbers...:cool:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks