(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Nu Well Tablets

Default Nu Well Tablets

Questions about a sand point;

How long do they last?
    Do those filter socks work from sand entering the screens?
    Are the tablets the only way of washing a sand point?
    How much water is need to disolve the tablets by means of water going into the well. How far down must a hose go into the well.
    I have a 1 1/4" sand point down about 25'. How many tablets are needed?
    Last questions, can one buy these tablets in Canada.

Great site, great info. Thank you.

Previous member

The NuWell tablets can last a long time if you can't get the water to pass by them and out of the screen. Fresh water is what dissolves them and makes them work. I always tried to get a garden hose from a neighbors to put into the well and set it so it almost keeps the well full but not overflowing too much. I would go back every couple of hours (this should give you and idea of how long it takes to clean a screen) and re-adjust the hose bibb to "Hopefully" add more water. If more water is needed to fill the casing, the tabs are working. I would usually leave the hose in overnight then come back the next day, give the well a large antacid tablet (couple boxes of baking soda) to neautralize any acid that might be left then pump it off.

For an 1-/4" well, you should drop them one at a time so they don't bridge in a joint. About 10- -15 tablets at first. Then in a few hours 10 - 15 more and more water. Once you can't fill the well anymore or it doesn't fill easily, you can give it a try with the pitcher pump.

I'm sure you can Google Nu Well Tablets and get them from the internet. They are made by Johnson Screen.

bob...

Thank you for great info. I will try to track these down in canada.