Cosmetic Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mavrick331

Reaction score
I'm on the downhill side of a bathroom remod. I did not think thru all design elements and now have an issue.

All fixtures are of an oil rubbed bronze look, I replaced the shower valve 1 year ago while remodeling the master bath since there was a common wall.

My issue is I cannot find this style of trim kit for the peerless valve I bought, Can I paint it, have it powder coated ? It's going to look pretty dumb being chrome...

Thanks,
Rick

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WIth what it might cost to get it plated (it may never match but should be able to be close), it might pay to just replace it with something that does match. From what I read here, the pros aren't too enthused with that brand.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Some of the high-end plumbing supply places can sell you handles that will fit. Take the old one to the store and match it up.

A second (cheaper) option is to go to Michaels (craft store) and get a small jar of metallic finish. You may need to sand off the chrome first to get it to stick. I did this with some exterior door strikes. It will not be as durable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks