Short Cycling Pump - Confused

Users who are viewing this thread

tracyandskye

Reaction score
Website
www.moisturematters.com
My pump is short cycling. It's a shallow well with a jet pump & relatively new (2 - 3 years) bladder tank. It is set to 30 - 50 but as soon as the pump stops, the pressure bleeds down to 30 & the pump fires again. Goes right up to 60 & shuts off. Here's the weird part: If I close the ball valve to the pressure tank the pressure still goes down when the pump shuts off, but only to 45 or so. Then slowly goes down to 30 over some time.

My first thought was that the bladder has a hole in it so I unplugged the well pump and turned on the faucet in the house. I had a steady stream for 30 sec. or more so it seams like the bladder tank is OK. Any ideas?

tracyandskye

Reaction score
Website
www.moisturematters.com
Discovered after posting that my iron filter is clogged with dirt which was the problem. I had this problem before but have installed a filter since then so it's strange.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your tank sounds like it's waterlogged to me anong with other problems.

Dirt in a filter doesn't make a pump cycle.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks