Changing out direct vent waterheater

Users who are viewing this thread

xdigggerx

Reaction score
I need to know if I can replace a direct vent waterheater in a mobile home with a regular mobile home water heater if I put a vent in the wall to my washroom so it can get air.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would call a plumber for the replacement of the water heater.
You do like waking up in the morning and having the trailer intact don't you?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is a gray area as far as what codes may apply. But the important thing would be to provide proper combustion air. If the WH is located in an enclosed space, it needs a vent inlet within 14 inches of the floor AND and inlet within 14 inches of the ceiling. Each of these needs to be about 1 sq. in. per 1000 BTU of the water heater if taking fresh outside air, and about 4 sq. in. per 1000 BTU if taking air from inside the home. Naturally, you need to run a flue pipe straight up through the roof, observing proper clearances to combustibles in all directions.

If you do not already have a carbon monoxide detector in the home , we strongly recommend this for all homes with fuel burning appliances.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks