1/4 turn valves to far a part???

Users who are viewing this thread

NOPLUMMERHOMEOWNER

Reaction score
You all have been such a large help in the past I am hoping that you can again.

Basicly, I have a small 1/2 bath or water closet. When we purchased the home the dry wal was baddy damaged and had holes all over. I have relaid new dry wall up on all walls except the main wall with the toilet, and the 1/4 turn valves.

Well being a small bath room we have to get a small vanity. We finally found what we where looking for:
http://www.*********.com/catalog/productImages/300/69/6937d903-97b4-4f8a-9ba4-0ffdf122b0cb_300.jpg

I finally get it home and realize that the darn thing wont fit against the wall due to the "1/4 turn valves" are to far a part. How, Do I fix this?

Or am I doomed to a standard vanity / pedistel?

Please help.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valves

I cannot imagine how the valves being "too far apart" would have any effect on how close the cabinet comes to the wall. How about a better description or a picture?

NOPLUMMERHOMEOWNER

Reaction score
Ok, after reading my post i realized how much infomation I am leaving out.

First, it is not the distance apart that is keeping it from getting against the wall. It is the fact the new vanity is not wide enough to accept them into the vanity. They are spaced so the left one as facing the wall is ok but the right one would require clearanceing the sicde of the vanity to the point where you could see the valve.

THIS IS THE UNIT I AM INSTALLING:
http://205.196.138.20//4/69/6937d903-97b4-4f8a-9ba4-0ffdf122b0cb_4.jpg

MaintenanceGuy

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only solution I know would be to open a small hole in the wall, cut some pipe and do some soldering to relocate where they come through the wall.

Not a big or difficult job if you're a bit handy.

NOPLUMMERHOMEOWNER

Reaction score
I went last night to a local plumming supply they sold me pair of new 1/4 turn
valves and a pair of 90 degree elbows. The elbows are a new style that are self sealing and require a tool to remove them once installed.

Are these ok to use?

I have looked online, I belive that they are called GatorBite's or sharkbites depending on which "big box store" you go to.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Brand could be very important.

There are a few different ones out there ranging from decent to junk.
Why don't you post exactly what you have?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks