Towel warmer

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I have a towel warmer in my upstairs bathroom on my hot water heating system. It is not getting up to temp as a radiator does in the adjoining room. This warmer is the highest point on the system and I feel it has air trapped up in it. The bottom of it gets warm but the top is cold. Should these have vents on them? What is the best way to resolve this?

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
There should be an air relief in any vertical loops. You may be able to get the air out by running the pump and releasing air in another part of the system but that is hit-or-miss.

edlentz

Reaction score
Southern man is right on this one. I had a similar issue, one thing I think that helped me get the air out. It sounds like a joke but I think it worked. We got a large electric massager and I had my wife use it on the towel warmer. I surmised that the vibrations aggitated the air while I purged the zone at the manifold. Sounds wierd but I think it worked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks