(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Towel warmer

Default Towel warmer

I have a towel warmer in my upstairs bathroom on my hot water heating system. It is not getting up to temp as a radiator does in the adjoining room. This warmer is the highest point on the system and I feel it has air trapped up in it. The bottom of it gets warm but the top is cold. Should these have vents on them? What is the best way to resolve this?

There should be an air relief in any vertical loops. You may be able to get the air out by running the pump and releasing air in another part of the system but that is hit-or-miss.

Southern man is right on this one. I had a similar issue, one thing I think that helped me get the air out. It sounds like a joke but I think it worked. We got a large electric massager and I had my wife use it on the towel warmer. I surmised that the vibrations aggitated the air while I purged the zone at the manifold. Sounds wierd but I think it worked.

Any time I can use a large massager on the wife the results have to be good.

After a closer look, there is a vent. it is a small hex key under the decrative flange against the wall. Will give it a wirl.

That would be it.