(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bathroom above a garage...

Quote Originally Posted by timsgills View Post
    If God made plumbers for this quesion why in God's name did plumbers make this forum?....
    To give some who are lacking in some other area a feeling of self-importance.

To give some who are lacking in some other area a feeling of self-importance.
    Hey! I represent that remark.

I did read on a web site that one of the ten most hard to fill jobs was plumbing. It seems onbody wants to do it, heck, even I don't want to do it.
    People are hassling me about studying on how to be a plumber, that heck, I'm just going to write a book on how you should do life in general. I figure that's easier than plumbing for a living. It will be like a answer to all your questions book.
    Joe the Plumber

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Plumber View Post
    Hey! I represent that remark.

I did read on a web site that one of the ten most hard to fill jobs was plumbing. It seems onbody wants to do it, heck, even I don't want to do it.
    People are hassling me about studying on how to be a plumber, that heck, I'm just going to write a book on how you should do life in general. I figure that's easier than plumbing for a living. It will be like a answer to all your questions book.
    Where I grew up, a middle class suburb of Boston, the wealthiest guy on the street was a plumber. My best friend became a plumber and worked for him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    When I broke into plumbing, they didn't let me touch waste and vents for the first year.
    That's the way I remember it too.

My father (Pap) wanted all of us to go to college, but he also felt it was important for us to at least have a go at a trade. He was a mechanic, but he understood and could apply algebra and trig better than I ever will. I will never forget him looking at one of brothers as he described a boat lift he wanted to build and, rather sternly saying: "Son, have you forgotten Bernoulli's principle?" That brother went on to be a fine electrician.

Me, I learned how to run copper. I learned how to lead joints, but never really got good at it. I'm much better at punching holes in the ground, but I digress.

Why did god make plumbers? To protect the health of the nation and to strike fear in the hearts of carpenters every time they reach for the sawzall.
    Last edited by sjsmithjr; 11-03-2008 at 05:56 PM.
    -Sam Smith
    Licensed Professional Geologist - AL, TN, KY

Default this forum

To paraphrase the Irish saying.
    Lord grant me the ability to do the plumbing I can do.
    Lord grant me the serenity to call a plumber to do the things I cannot/should not do.
    And, Lord let there be a forum to tell me the difference.