Question regarding the running of high-voltage power cables

Users who are viewing this thread

osx-addict

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hi all..

I'm guessing I already know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway.. I've got some existing 3/4" gray PVC conduit running under a patio that holds some low-voltage (12v) lighting cables and the sprinkler solenoid valve cabling.. I'd like to put a 110v weather-tight outlet in my front yard for Christmas decorations and whatnot.. Originally I was thinking I might be able to run it in the same existing conduit as the 12v + sprinkler cabling but am concerned about the 110v sine-waves causing problems with the sprinklers and the general notion (per code) that you shouldn't mix low-voltage & high-voltage cabling in the same conduit..

Luckily the run is only 4-5' so I might run opt to run a separate new line for the high-volt cabling. Anyway, does this sound reasonable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks