Need to Purchase a Well Pump: Help

Users who are viewing this thread

ottobord

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope someone can help, my well is 400 ft. I get water at 50ft, unsure of the refill rate. The previouse pump was a 1HP 7GPM pump set at 380. Should I purchase a similar or can I go with a 3/4 HP at 7 GPM and set it at around 325ft? Any adviced?

John

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 3/4 HP will still pump water from 325' but, you could only have 28 PSI while taking a 3 GPM shower. The 1 HP will give you more than 50 PSI, even when the water level is at 380'. Setting the pump at 325' instead of 380' will also reduce the amount of stored water in the well from about 500 gallons to about 400 gallons. It will work but, you will loose about 25% of your flow, pressure, and volume. If you have never run out of water with the 1 HP, then you might be OK with a 3/4 HP. If you have ever been low on water or pressure with the 1 HP, it will happen even sooner with a 3/4 HP.

ottobord

Reaction score
We were never low on water or pressure. But 28PSI seems low. I really don't know what we were pushing at before the pump went. What is normal PSI for a shower? If you had to go with a 3/4 HP pump where would you set it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks