Fireproof floor to floor register

Users who are viewing this thread

wab1233

Reaction score
I am putting a pellet stove in the basement. My goal is to keep the floor warm and also put registers in two bedrooms. I would like to know of any registers that will shut if heat becomes too great as in a fire they would shut. A link would be great.

wab1233

Reaction score
thanks jimbo but those arent exactly what i had in mind. This for the floor and will just let heat rise from the basement to the bedrooms. I will be able to see in the basement like some old houses where you could look from the second to first floor. It would have to look somewhat decent or i will just unhook the registers that is there now for the furnace or put another in without the safety mechanism. This may not exist but it seems like a good idea to me.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
This for the floor and will just let heat rise from the basement to the bedrooms. I will be able to see in the basement like some old houses where you could look from the second to first floor ...

I could be wrong here, but I believe that is no longer allowed for the very reason you want them to close in the event of fire. I grew up in a house like that (and with stairways as the only returns), and I had been planning to do something similar in part of the house here ... but I have since learned even returns now *must* be ducted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks