Squeaky Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

Oaktown Gals

Reaction score
Our Toto toilet started making a loud squeaking noise while filling a couple of months ago. Folks on this forum suggested cleaning out the strainer in the refill tube - with the step by step instructions from Korky Quietfill - which I did. We have galvanized pipes and sure enough there was some rust chips in the strainer. The toilet sounded better, but not the way it used to, and eventually became squeaky again. I followed all the steps again - no rust chips this time, but taking it apart and putting it back together reduced the squeak anyway. But now it seems like it hesitates while filling (and still makes a quiet squeaking noise). The instructions say "If the main valve is worn out, (look inside cap), cleaning will not suffice, and a Replacement Cap Assembly will be required." I looked inside the cap, but I don't know what I'm looking for. What does it look like when the valve is worn out? (The valve was not obviously (to me at least) deteriorated - although it looked like the outer edges of the rubber might be curling up a bit.) If I do need this, where do I get it and how much can I expect to pay? Does it sound like this is what I need?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
$5.00 at Zoro
https://terrylove.com/korky/

korky-r528.jpg

korky-528-2x.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks