Water leaking from garage attic door

Users who are viewing this thread

Lisa9092

Reaction score
Awoke to the sound of dripping coming from my garage. The garage floor is wet, the drips are coming from the attic door of the garage. my hot water heater is up there but my gas is off and we havent used it in a while. the weather is is getting pretty cold, was about to have the gas cut back on this monday. the temp outside is about 39. what could this be i am afraid to open the attic door. any ideas? :confused:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Could be anything. Bottom of water heater rusted out, supply for water heater leaking. If this is over your head (pun intended) call your plumber.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. Wait until the water heater falls through the ceiling. LOL.

Of course you have to open the door, because until you do there is ABSOLUTELY no way to tell where the water is coming from, or how serious it is, OR how much damage has been done already.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa9092

Reaction score
lol, thanks for the replies. i called and had my water cut off. the leaking stopped. someone is coming to check on it for me. i was in a panic this morning. :rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks