This Old Sewer...

Users who are viewing this thread

shaman683

Reaction score
The mobile home behind my house and I share a common sewer pipe that leads out to the city sewer under the street.

Last night the folks in the mobile home "snaked" their toilet, and ever since then I hear a flowing or gargling sound faintly in my bathroom.

What does that mean? All my drains work ok.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
Is there a fixture in your bathroom that hasnt been used in awhile? You shouldnt hear anything, but that can happen if there is a dry trap.

shaman683

Reaction score
Yes, My toilet needs a new wax ring (I think) so I haven't used it for a few weeks, procastinating about calling a plumber since I am at work a great deal and being single I just use the one at work.

I also smell a bit of sewer gas and this morning I still hear the faint rushing sound of what sounds like draining water.

I've been hearing that for a couple of days now, and it just seems odd to me.

As I mentioned, all my drains are working normally.

The folks in the trailer behind my house who share our common sewer pipe that goes to the city line under the street told me their toilet has been sluggish and stopped up for quite a while, and that's why they snaked it the other night.

They use their shower and toliets, etc. in a normal manner, so I wondering if the draining sound I am hearing is just their wastewater maybe slow draining and perhaps I need to put some enzyme goo eater in the line and perhaps a dose of copper sulfate in case of roots?

My plumbing is at least thirty years old, and the trees and bushes are just thick around here. I live in a small rural town.

I'd appericate your further thoughts, and thank you for responding!

---Skip

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks