Bad Zone Valve - boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Smokin'

Reaction score
So I call out my utility company who put in the new boiler 3 years ago - I'm out of warranty and on a service plan BUT the zone valve is not a covered item.:mad:
So I ask - how do you recommend and get a "call around" reply. Sheesh - they picked us clean for $6700 on the boiler and now this. I'm learning the game......

It's a Honeywell valve - how hard are these things to replace at that? I can get one for $119 locally and willing to try it I guess. It's 24 this am - heat shall be needed for the next 7 months:eek:

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
More than likely it isn't the entire valve that needs replacing but just the power unit.

I'm not familiar with the Honeywell zone valves but often you can replace the power unit without even shutting down the system. It could also just be a wiring fault.

Somewhere on your valve there is a manual lever or wheel that will allow you to open the valve manually. Try this and see if you get heat.

Pictures of the valve and also the boiler with its nearby piping might help us to help you.

Smokin'

Reaction score
Okay - I'll snap a few shots and post in a bit. The valves were also new when they put in the boiler so I hope the power unit can be a swap out easy.

When I fire up the other 2 zones and move the lever it seems that it vibrates - I don't know for sure if it gets hot to outflow pipe tho - never left all zones open for more than a few minutes before since it was warm. Different story now:(

I'll snap some shots when I get home and try to figure out how to post them here. Thanks for the advice and help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks