Drain Pipe Coming Up Through The Floor of Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Abovethewake

Reaction score
We are buying a home that was built in the 1975, is single story and sits on a concrete slab. The drain pipe of one of the showers is sticking up through the floor of the shower. The shower is fiberglass and the drain pipe does not have a grate on it. It looks to be 2" ABS. Anyone know a good, simple way to fix this?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If they didn't bed the fiberglass shower pan in something solid (like mortar), over the years, it could have flexed and gradually, the floor sagged while the drain line stayed where it was and is now sticking up into the drooping pan. For this to happen, you'd be breaking the glass in the fiberglass, and it loses much of its strength, gets that crazed look, and could start to leak if it doesn't end up breaking. Fiberglass can't handle repeated flexure...you need to have it supported.

Abovethewake

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I have a picture, but, I don't know how I can attach it. Any pointers on getting that done?

Abovethewake

Reaction score
Picture of Drain

I have attached a picture of the drain. Thanks again!

Attachments

• drain 2.jpg
    drain 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 793
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks