won't hold pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

akbrent

Reaction score
I have caused my self some headache. I had to dig up my well head to add a pitless adapter that was left out by the installer. In the process some dirt fell into my well. (I found an old license plate cut to block the oversized hole in the side of my well pipe) My pump has sucked some gravel and the system won't hold pressure. I pulled my pump up, it is a 110v sears 40/60, but I can't find the check valve. Is it in the pump, if so is it serviceable?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your going to have to send some pictures or give a better description of what you have before I can help.

bob...

akbrent

Reaction score
thanks for your interest. I live out in the woods in alaska and my dial up internet would take all day to send a picture. If I can't describe it better I will try a picture. The pump is 34 long 3.75 d the motor is on the bottom and the intake is in the middle. The motor bolts are in the intake channel. The casing is stainless. At the top of the pump is a cast cone that necks down to 1" npt, on the side of the cone is a 5/16 bolt. I would assume the check valve has to be above the pump, but the top cone seams crimped on. If there is one in line I can't find it.

akbrent

Reaction score
Gary, yes the pressure dumps in about 3 sec from 60-40 then back up when the switch kicks in. If I shut off the breaker it will go to zero. I live in alaska, it freezes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks