Home Depot to sell Rinnai

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Actually it is my understanding that they will probably special order anything you want...

You are probably better off dealing with your regular supplier...
Do you think smock man has a clue?:cool:

TheOak

Reaction score
It blows my mind that Home Depot, Lowes and the like even sell tankless water heaters.

I am a do it yourself person like that majority of America, but when it comes to things that can explode ... time to call in the pros ...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Rinnai

It would have to be a complete change in Rinnai's policy, because right now they will only sell to "registered installers" who have attended their seminars.

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Actually........

I ran into this last year when a customer bought his Rinnai off the internet auction site from an outfit in New Jersey. They sold him a larger model Rinnai that would give him more water flow than the smaller model. Unfortunately taking our groundwater temp here in PA this "larger model" will deliver the exact same flow as the smaller one, just use more gas to do it. That being said his price on the larger Rinnai was the same as my price for the smaller model number, but he also paid shipping and handling. IF you can find someone to sell you one anyone can BUY a Rinnai. However, and this is directly from Rinnai when I called them, the warranty is void if the unit is installed by anyone who is not a certified installer.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
the GREEN ENERGY BUBBLE is about to BUST...

I get the feeling that most of the tankless
brands of water heaters are almost crappin/ in their
pants right now .....

due to the total crash of oil prices in the last 4 months..

with chepaer energy its going to take a lot longer for someone to re-coup their investment than at 145 a barell...

my guess is they will be trying to unload their inventory any way that they can, before this energy bubble bursts too.... even at Home Depot

look at what the price of the "corn grown fuel" ethanol is now sitting at....

all these ethanol plants will eventually go bust...

and I would guess that the tankless will be like the old
solar panels some freinds of mine have stored in their garage since the 80s....

TheOak

Reaction score
I know my natural gas bill went up almost 20% last month ... from about $0.97 to $1.16 per therm.

BurleyMike

Reaction score
Funny you mention the ethanol bust. They were building two ethanol plants around here. They finished the first one and it is up and running. The second one went bankrupt before they finished it. Now it is just a half finished ghost site.

A lot of small family owned business lost lots of money on labor and materials on that one.

The gas utility here just lowered their rates though not nearly as much as they have raised them in the last year.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks