Neophyte Toilet (Toto) Installation Question

Users who are viewing this thread

miamilamb

Reaction score
We purchased a 60 year old house and are renovating it. I had to gut a bathroom and have it remediated for mold and right now I have an open trap (we're on a septic tank) and every time it rains hard, we're awash in sewer fumes.

Anyway, I need to get this toilet in soon as the fumes are bad. When I measure from the wall (not the baseboard) to the center of the hole, I measure it at 11 1/2 inches. The water supply is offset to the left by 4" (edited to add: and supply is close to floor, not 8" from the floor).

I'd like to put a Toto Gywneth (one piece or two piece) or an Eco-Drake in this bathroom.

I've read a bunch of other posts and it seems to me that even tho I'm not exactly a 12" rough in, that I should be okay.

Before I take the plunge and order this toilet, can someone reassure me that either of these toilets will work. I'd like to get the toilet installed this week as my husband is getting cranky about the septic smells (and I don't blame him).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Stuff a couple of rags tight in the pipe...odor will B gone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks