(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Neophyte Toilet (Toto) Installation Question

Default Neophyte Toilet (Toto) Installation Question

We purchased a 60 year old house and are renovating it. I had to gut a bathroom and have it remediated for mold and right now I have an open trap (we're on a septic tank) and every time it rains hard, we're awash in sewer fumes.

Anyway, I need to get this toilet in soon as the fumes are bad. When I measure from the wall (not the baseboard) to the center of the hole, I measure it at 11 1/2 inches. The water supply is offset to the left by 4" (edited to add: and supply is close to floor, not 8" from the floor).

I'd like to put a Toto Gywneth (one piece or two piece) or an Eco-Drake in this bathroom.

I've read a bunch of other posts and it seems to me that even tho I'm not exactly a 12" rough in, that I should be okay.

Before I take the plunge and order this toilet, can someone reassure me that either of these toilets will work. I'd like to get the toilet installed this week as my husband is getting cranky about the septic smells (and I don't blame him).

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by miamilamb; 10-25-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Clarification on supply location.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any of those will work.

Default Thank you

Thanks a bunch

Stuff a couple of rags tight in the pipe...odor will B gone.