Grohe rough-in valve, but shower head only

Users who are viewing this thread

Bmcleod65

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a Grohe 4-port rough-in valve:
grohe 4-port EF with duel connection stops.jpg
I installed one a couple years ago in another bathroom and ended up capping the top and putting an ell from the bottom, which then split off to the tub spout and to the shower head - it's working great, no pesky drips, etc.

Now we are getting to the master bathroom which has only a shower head (3/4 bathroom) with no tub.

Here's my question, should we cap the bottom and run the top port to the shower head? ...or would you recommend an alternate approach.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

That is really the only sensible approach, but going back to the other valve. How did you split off to the tub and shower? Normally it is only done with a "twin ell" in order to prevent water running from the shower head when filling the tub.

Bmcleod65

Reaction score
yes, it was a twin ell, dropped the supply from the grohe down to the forward connection, back connection went up to the shower and front went to the spout:
twin ell.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks