No Water!

Users who are viewing this thread

jamielady

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and there was no water coming in. I was waiting for it to get light outside to go trek down to the pump house(which is like going on Safari!) and then I suddenly heard water gurgling in to the toilet tank..Thanking the water pump Gods I went about my business to discover that the very little that did come in.. didnt last.
Here we go again..and about hour or two later I hear gurlging again....and am now back to no water again!!
Any ideas or suggestions? I literally dont have cash or credit as I been laid off and were one step from losing everything..so if anyone has any suggestions that I could try to figure out that would be such a help. Not afraid to get my hands dirty and have become pretty adaptable at learning how to repair things, yes even some plumbing :)

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Your pump motor is possibly overheating for some reason and is being shut down by its overload protector ... then it cools down and you get a little water until the motor again gets hot. Maybe the pump experts here can give you a few possible reasons as to why something like that could be happening.

jamielady

Reaction score
RE:no water

Your pump motor is possibly overheating for some reason and is being shut down by its overload protector ... then it cools down and you get a little water until the motor again gets hot. Maybe the pump experts here can give you a few possible reasons as to why something like that could be happening.

Thanks I SURE hope so!!
Jamie

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I on the other hand seem to think your pump is running constantly and the water level in the well is down to the inlet of the pump or you have a serious leak probably in the drop pipe or a fitting or an o-ring in a pitless adapter.

If that is happening, the pump will get hot and the thermal overload will open and shut it off for a minute or two, not an hour or more.

Shut off the power to the pump and wait an hour or two and then try it and if you have full flow water like days of old, I would be right. If your pump was shutting off, you wouldn't have the air in the lines, unless the check valve on/in the pump would be leaking and has to be replaced; that assumes a submersible pump (in the well) and not a jet pump in the well house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks