Toto Ultramax clogs on regular basis

Users who are viewing this thread

SnigglePuff

Reaction score
I am really sad. We installed two Toto Ultramax with Sanigloss and have been using them 9 months. They don't clog every day or even every week, but both have clogged a few times. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on here and if there's anything we can do to prevent this (besides using the Toto Aquia we have in our third bathroom--it has not clogged even once yet)?:(:(:(

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry will be along some time today...he installs theses on a regular basis and may be able to help...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Did the older toilets clog occasionally like the new ones...

SnigglePuff

Reaction score
Well, in fact, the older toilets did clog. They were low flush toilets from the early 1990s and we figured it was the design. We stationed a plunger next to them at all times. We're not at that point but we thought we would be entering a new era and instead we're still doing the occasional plunging. Do you think it's our water pressure? It seems average (not great, not horrible). I should have noted, we were using the plunger on the old ones very frequently.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On a gravity flush toilet, the water pressure has nothing to do with how well it flushes. If there's a problem with the drain lines, no toilet will flush properly.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suspect a problem in the drain line. No Toto should clog under normal use or even beyond normal use.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Have we tried pulling and resetting them with new wax rings¿ Maybe the first time the wax rings moved and are are now contributing to "stuff" getting hung up on them. Not that I have had this happen to me or anything... :rolleyes:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Kohler includes them with some of their toilets. :mad:

Yep Yep! I installed a Highline a few days ago thanks to a damn cell phone in the toilet.....gladly handed the ring to the customer and told him to keep it.

It came in those all in one boxes to go. What sucked was it was missing the damn lid!

The Wellworth I took out matched it so we managed to get it all worked out.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
One of these days I have to trade in all the horned rings I've been collecting from these kits and get plain ones... Sheesh! I've got no use for them. The only place I might use one is on a lead bend.

Albany

Reaction score
I am really sad. We installed two Toto Ultramax with Sanigloss and have been using them 9 months. They don't clog every day or even every week, but both have clogged a few times. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on here and if there's anything we can do to prevent this (besides using the Toto Aquia we have in our third bathroom--it has not clogged even once yet)?:(:(:(

I have an Ultramax that used to clog before I had switched it from my full bath to a half bath & it hasn't clogged since the switch 3 months ago. The main difference is I had a new closet flange installed in the half bath before the Ultramax got hooked up. In the main bath, my new Drake has never clogged. In the full bath, the plumber told me the flange wasn't installed correctly and he fixed it. So, by fixing the flanges, the clogging has virtually disappeared with my Totos. I use Charman Ultra Strong, diamond weave, so they've passed the test with one of the highest rated clogging tps being flushed down them.
Toilet Paper Poll

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks