dirty water after submersible pump replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

jackofmosttrades

Reaction score
i just replaced submersible pump in my drilled well and now am having brown almost black water coming through taps. i was assuming that the water would be slightly dirty from the torque arrester (or whichever the term is) scraping the inside of the well walls but this is extreme.
I was just wondering what would be the best solution for this problem or is teh best solution to do nothing at all?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
i just replaced submersible pump in my drilled well and now am having brown almost black water coming through taps. i was assuming that the water would be slightly dirty from the torque arrester (or whichever the term is) scraping the inside of the well walls but this is extreme.
I was just wondering what would be the best solution for this problem or is teh best solution to do nothing at all?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sit tight and wait at least a day. My experience has been that debris has been stirred-up. By pass any sediment filter.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You should have pumped it open discharge on the ground at the well head before hooking it up to the house.

bob...

jackofmosttrades

Reaction score
You should have pumped it open discharge on the ground at the well head before hooking it up to the house.

bob...

thanx for the info bob i will remember that for next time. hopefully there won't be a next time but will definately remember that .

jp

jackofmosttrades

Reaction score
Run a garden hose off your holding tank until the water clears up. Pulling the pump up and putting it back down the well knocked off a lot of loose material on the casing and the rock.

sammy

www.tylerwell-pump.com

thanx for the info sammy that would have had to of been my next step but thankfully i was going away for a couple days and i just let the system sit and when i turned the pump back on this morning monday (after having sat since friday morning it was clear as glass. (good glass not that smokey stuff lol)
thank you all for the kind help and i will definately be posting on here for any future endeavours that i have issues with.

thankyou again

jp

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks