tub help

Users who are viewing this thread

7echo

Reaction score
I am remodeling and am ready to order a tub. I would appreciate it if you all helped me spend my money : )

I want recommendations on a 32" x 60" tub. It will get used for showers and baths almost daily. We would prefer something at least 14 1/2", or deeper, to overflow, with deeper being better. I have planned on a $650 budget, but will spend more for quality and features.

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

Conventional "builder" tubs are 32" wide by 14" high. The "full sized" tubs are 34" wide by 16" high. To get one with a 14" usable water level, you would have to go to the specialty tubs, such as 20" deep ones, and they can quickly exceed your $650.00 budget.

7echo

Reaction score
I can't exceed the 32" width, but want to go 14 1/2" to overflow, or deeper. I found a few acrylic and americast and am waiting on quotes.

I will stretch the budget for a 14 1/2" to overflow or deeper so don't hesitate to toss some options at me.

What is the downside to acrylic?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks