Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I just want to say thank you so much for the answer to a circuit breaker problem I found on your website. Your answer about turning the circuit breaker off before turning it back on was a TREMENDOUS help to me! (See post below.) You're wonderful! :)

Ms. F. Duncan
McDonough, GA

spartanic
10-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Hello to all. I'm not an electrician or anything like that. I'm just a person with a circuit breaker problem. Anyway, just this morning a circuit breaker went off on us due to heavy usage of electricity. I assumed that I could just simply switch the circuit breaker back to on in the circuit breaker box and everything will be fine but so far no luck. The electricity simply won't come back on so I'm not sure if the circuit breaker needs replacement or what. Here's the information on that particular circuit breaker:

Arc Fault
Breaker
Type BRAF

There seems to be a TEST button on this circuit breaker as well. Any ideas?

480sparky
10-28-2007, 12:39 PM
This may sound too simple, but are you turning the breaker "OFF" before turning it back "ON"? When a breaker trips, it is in a position between the two, and needs to be reset by turning it off first, then on.

If you're doing that, and it just trips again, there's either a short or an arc fault somewhere in the circuit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks