Gas connections for stacked dryer

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The installer needs at least six feet for the flex connector on the stacking gas dryer.
Can I use two 48" flexes and connect them together?
I find anything longer than 48"
B Lewis

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
No, but you can get a 6' piece of csst and the fittings thouth without a license no one will sell it to you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Csst

No, but you can get a 6' piece of csst and the fittings thouth without a license no one will sell it to you.

Please read your CSST manufacturer's manual. It states that CSST CANNOT be used as an appliance connector.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
No, but it can be used to extend the existing pipe and then a short appliance connector can be attached to it. sorry for not being specific enough.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have seen 6 footers in the 5/8 size for ranges. I have not seen a 6 footer in the 1//4 " for dryers. You definitely cannot put two together. It would be a fairly simple matter to put an elbow ahead of the gas valve and run a pipe vertically say 4', then put the valve up there.

Naturally, that pipe would be secured to the wall in some way, and as with ALL gas work, you have to pull a permit on this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks