Wall mounted sink faucet question

Users who are viewing this thread

aw

Reaction score
Is a wall mounted sink faucet required to have shut off valves? Couldn't this be considered similar to a shower faucet?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No valves are required to have a shutoff (that I know of, but I'm not a pro), it's just a lot easier when it needs service - you dont' have to shut the entire house down for maybe an extended time to fix it.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Only reason why, IMHO,most shower valves don't have shutoff valves is that there would be no access to them without some doing that most would consider unnecessary labor.
Include shutoffs with your wall mounted sink. Why do you ask, now that we are on the subject¿

aw

Reaction score
per the most recent IRC, all fixtures require a shutoff valve.

I started thinking about it and none of the wall mounted facuets I have seen have shutoff valves

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Sov

Where would you put them if it is a sink on an open top, like most of them are?

Attachments

• ccc08881.jpg
    ccc08881.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Oh, duh... Thought this was a sink we were talking about. It's just like a potfiller above a range.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks