Bathtub faucet drip

Users who are viewing this thread

Greg Nards

Reaction score
Ok I just bought a house and in the shower it has 3 valves hot cold and diverter. Everytime I turn the shower head on water leaks out from behind my tub faucet. There is caulking on it but it does not stop this from happening. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like two problems. First, you need to service the divertor valve. Probably the best thing is to take out the stem and take it to a plumbing supply house for an exact replacement.

Regardless of the position of the divertor, the water should never leak out the back of it. That leak might be coming from the divertor valve and just showing up there, or, the pipe from the divertor or the fitting has a crack in it. You need to look behind the wall and really see what's going on. If it has been leaking for awhile, you could have some major structural problems back there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks