I hope this is the right place to ask this!

I have a leaking pipe on an AEG washing machine - it is the cold water inlet pipe. The pipe has a device at the mains-end, which is described in the manual as a "water stop device, which protects against damage caused by water leaks in the hose which could develop due to natural ageing of the hose".

Do I really need to spend a fortune getting the proper pipe from AEG, or can I just use an ordinary pipe without a "water stop device"?