how to get water clean in new dug well?

Users who are viewing this thread

hectorpi

Reaction score
I recently put in a new 300 gallon storage tank for a dug well. After pumping 3 times and running water overnight, water is still cloudy and has fines. Should I keep pumping or let it settle? The well has been shocked too.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You said you have a "dug well". What is a dug well? A sand point or did you actually dig a well and line the sides with clay pipe?

How are you pumping this well?

bob...

hectorpi

Reaction score
It is a concrete 300 gallon tank with 1/2 in holes in the bottom like a pepper shaker and crushed stone around the bottom and back filled. It is pumping with a jet pump. Plenty of water, but very yellow. We had to dig a very big hole to get the tank down in there.:eek:

Speedbump

Reaction score
So how deep is this tank at the bottom?

More than likely, your not into a water vein. You can't dig in water veins. They cave in faster than you can get the shovel out. You might just be getting some kind of nasty surface water.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks