Can I build this Console

Users who are viewing this thread

nmchugh6

Reaction score
Yikes...the console sells for about $700. Anyone have ideas how I can make this? Would plumbing supply store have materials? What type of business would likely cut the measurements? Is some other business a likely source for material and sizing?
http://stthomascreations.com/Products/productDetail.aspx?sku=5010.680&familyID=70[/URL]

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
First, you probably can't buy that sink by iteself. As far as trying to cobble together a frame like that to fit some other sink, it would look like it was made by third grader at the lego factory.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I can post what I did instead. I knew I wanted a console sink and searched high and low for one that looked nice without breaking the bank.

I settled on one from american standard called retrospect 7812.002 . I think I picked it up online for just over $400. I found plenty of others in the $400-3000 range.

I'm very happy.

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Amazing how all that was old is suddenly new again.

Next they will bring back the enamled steel kitchen.

nmchugh6

Reaction score
The sink is available on its own..the console is expensive and I'm a somewhat capable (yet Scottish/cheap) girl who's looking at the console asking,,, can't I do it on my own? I am in no way a professional but I look at the console, see railings and 2 fittings on the legs that enable connection of the bar between the two legs and then bars running back to the wall.

Am I nuts to think that I can get the railings and fittings from a plumbing supply or another type of business and have either the contractor or myself put it together?

The Pyramids were built thousands of years ago...some responses are giving me the impression this is near impossible...is it really?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could make it out of wood. Making it out of metal would require skills and tools you probably don't have. Steel would have to be welded, the joints machined smooth, then the thing chromed (unless you wanted it painted). None of those operations are all that hard if you have the skill and the tools, but the time it would take you would likely still make it cheaper to buy. Actually, doing it in wood requires skills, too if you want it to look good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks