Online suppliers for DIY-ers?

Users who are viewing this thread

topshot

Reaction score
Neither of the plumbing supply houses in town stock a 3x3x2 1/4 bend low heel inlet, and I wondered which places on the net would sell direct to consumers? Looks like Ace Hardware can get it. Are their more specialized stores?

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

faucetman886

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
The net is full of sources

I have recently had some experience with some internet sites for plumbing products, who knew that this industry existed? My first thought was to just go to the closest HD, Lowes or Ace and get what I needed. With my recent experiences I have found 3 really significant things
1. some of these sites provide better service than the brick and mortar stores including on the phone help with installation and trouble shooting.
2.pricing is competitive and many times the internet sites have price guarantees which beat the big stores even with freight considerations. Free freight for minimum orders or a flat rate freight amount.
3. Most importantly I discovered that the merchandise you buy from a "supply house" source is a better quality than the brick and mortar stores even with a name brand product with the same model number etc. Many times including everything you need for installation in one package i.e. all the gaskets, fittings, even teflon joint tape.
In conclusion when in doubt "Google" the product you need and look at the online sources available and look for the ones that provide these services and more.
Hope this helps, Richard

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Yeah, when pigs fly.

3. Most importantly I discovered that the merchandise you buy from a "supply house" source is a better quality than the brick and mortar stores even with a name brand product with the same model number etc. Many times including everything you need for installation in one package i.e. all the gaskets, fittings, even teflon joint tape.

That is a product geared to the do it yourselfer who does not have those items himself. And few DIY products, if any, were ever designed better than those from a plumbing wholesaler. At least buying locally, you do not have to ship it back and wait when "everything you need for installation in one package i.e. all the gaskets, fittings, even teflon joint tape" is not in the package.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Actually, many manufacturers make lower quality products that are marketed by discount stores aka Big Box Stores. The "good" stuff costs more and is sold by legitimate plumbing shops. There are also manufacturers that only market through Big Box stores and don't even try to make high quality professional products.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks