Taco ESP Zone valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Yaniguy

Reaction score
Hiyas,

My home has a gas furnace with forced hot water base boards. It's relatively new 2003.
The problem is it has Taco esp zone valves 3 zones all have been replaced at least once.
The HVAC company that did the original work replaced them saying Taco improved the motor. Well I have 2 burned out motors that can't turn the ball valve.

What should I do replace them with the same or get a new valve system?

Thanks in advance

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
you probably have too many zone valves on a transformer, or the transformer does not have enough amperage. The valves themselves are quite dependable.

Yaniguy

Reaction score
There are 3 zones and the power supply is from taco also it has 4 zone capability and is 24vac. After some research they have discontinued the ESP and are now called EBV. Same concept with a better motor from what I can tell.
Taco is sending me 2 new motors for free so I hope they work.
Btw I live in southern Maine. Can you recommend a good company if I ever need work done on my furnace. I kinda have had it with the people who installed it hence taking matters into my own hands.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks