Help with Toe Kick loop - parts question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jpb116

Reaction score
I'm ready to install a toe kick heater. I believe I have all the parts I need I just have one last question. At the entry point of the loop I have a "dual directional tee" (sorry for not knowing the real name). My question is can I use a regular tee on the output side or should I use another one of the directional ones?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

You probably mean a Mono-Flo tee, or at least I hope you do. Whether you need one tee or two depends on the distance between them and the distance to the heater. IN most cases you will need two, unless you have added resistance between them such as an elbow turn.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Distance makes no difference. You only use one mono-flow tee. Adding a second one will make no difference on the operation as the water is drawn through the secondary tee by the monoflow tee.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Monoflo

Distance makes no difference. You only use one mono-flow tee. Adding a second one will make no difference on the operation as the water is drawn through the secondary tee by the monoflow tee

Please refer to ALL Monoflo instructions. Unless there is adequate resistance between the two tees, (such as an elbow or long section of pipe), or if the radiator is beneath the main, you need both tees.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks