(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Help with Toe Kick loop - parts question.

Default Help with Toe Kick loop - parts question.

I'm ready to install a toe kick heater. I believe I have all the parts I need I just have one last question. At the entry point of the loop I have a "dual directional tee" (sorry for not knowing the real name). My question is can I use a regular tee on the output side or should I use another one of the directional ones?

Default tee

You probably mean a Mono-Flo tee, or at least I hope you do. Whether you need one tee or two depends on the distance between them and the distance to the heater. IN most cases you will need two, unless you have added resistance between them such as an elbow turn.

Default Thanks HJ

Yes, i do mean a Mono Flo tee. And thanks I thought I needed 2 but wasn't certain

Distance makes no difference. You only use one mono-flow tee. Adding a second one will make no difference on the operation as the water is drawn through the secondary tee by the monoflow tee.

Default Monoflo

Distance makes no difference. You only use one mono-flow tee. Adding a second one will make no difference on the operation as the water is drawn through the secondary tee by the monoflow tee

Please refer to ALL Monoflo instructions. Unless there is adequate resistance between the two tees, (such as an elbow or long section of pipe), or if the radiator is beneath the main, you need both tees.