Leaking Dual-Valve running to Washing Machine

Users who are viewing this thread

riGuitarGod

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a novice at plumbing, but this sounds like it should be pretty simple, so I figured I'd ask about it.

I have a dual valve behind my washing machine...

Water is leaking through a steady drip from the lever when I have the water turned on. Is there a way to tighten the lever, or do I have to replace the whole valve?

Thanks a lot.
-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes the valve needs to be replaced...
If it is the one just like the picture it is probably a Watts Valve although the waters have been muddied as Oatey and chinese have copied it.

In any case if the screws come undone the old valve can be removed and a new one installed. The replacement does have to be a match of the one removed...
If the screws break off then you probably need a plumber to finish the job before the water can go back on...

In most cases the whole house has to be shut off to change the valve so if it does go bad.... Well 6 P.M. on Saturday night is not a great time to do this job...:eek:

riGuitarGod

Reaction score
When you say the valve needs to be replaced, what part exactly do you mean?

Do you mean the entire assembly, as pictured above, or just the lever piece?

Sorry... plumbing newbie! *ducks and covers*

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
See those 2 screws on the top?
When those get unscrewed the part that needs replacing comes off.
The new valve comes as pictured.
Use the valve new seals and screws... Hopefully!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks